Project Manager: marketing, marketing/sales
NEW YORK HEADQUARTERS
Sailing Collective is an innovative travel company with a small hard working team - we're looking for an ambitious Project Manager with a background in operations, sales, and marketing to join our team.
Sailing Collective is an innovative travel company with a small hard working team. Sailing Collective is staffed by an energetic group of explorers and sailors who come from an eclectic range of backgrounds and share an enthusiasm for adventure. We are located in the heart of NoHo, NYC and host journeys all around the world.
What we do:
We are sailing vacation specialists. Organizing private and group book-by-the-cabin sailing journeys, Sailing Collective provides its guests an exceptional experience hosted by top notch captains and chefs. Sailing Collective journeys offer a week of excitement visiting beautiful landscapes and amazing islands along captivating coastlines, and experiencing local cultures.
About the role:
Sailing Collective is searching for a driven and capable Operations & Marketing Manager. This role will be split between the 3 main functions: Operations, Sales/Marketing, and Special projects support, so we are looking for a dynamic person who is excited to immerse themselves in different parts of the business. The position would be perfect for someone with a background in travel, hospitality, client relations, design, communications, and/or media with a keen interest in working in and learning from an entrepreneurial environment.
● Operations 30%
- Leading operations for this small business
- Responding to all current customer/client needs
- Maintaining backend system for bookings
- Managing calendar for bookings & payment systems
● Sales/Marketing 60%
- Acting as lead point-person for new client inquiries
- Responding to inquiries and moving customers through to transaction efficiently
- Conducting outreach to potential partners/large clients
- Maintaining social channels
- Creating other marketing materials
- Updating and maintaining website copy
- Drafting community communications: newsletters and alumni emails
- Supporting event planning and execution
● Other 10%
- Supporting leadership with special projects
This job is for you if..
- You are known for your organizational skills and you are a thorough editor
- You are a people person and will enjoy interacting with the Sailing Collective community whether that is over the phone, by email, or at company events
- You are a strong independent worker with an innate sense of when you need support to troubleshoot complex issues
- You are a strong writer
- You are detailed and results-oriented.
- You are interested in organizing/supporting events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Min of 3 yrs FT work experience
- Deep passion for travel and exploration
- Experience with client relations
- Proficiency in:
- Keynote & PPT
- Microsoft Office
- Social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom (preferred)
- Experience with marketing and/or copywriting
- Experience in PR and/or organizing events
- Strong design skills
- Proficiency in: Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom
This position is New York City based and should be able to commute to the Sailing Collective office in NoHo, Manhattan. While there is full flexibility for remote work and office-based work is also requested post-Covid-19. The office is very large and occupied only by Sailing Collective. The office space is well ventilated with ample room for social distancing with desks located across the office.
● This is a PART-TIME position, approx. 25 hours per week | FULL-TIME considerations after 3 months
● Reports to: Director of Sailing Collective
● On-boarding to begin imminently
● To Apply – Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!